Thursday, July 30, 2015

Jake's First Letter

We received an email from Jake @ 8:30 AM Wednesday morning. This is what he had to say...

Hey I´m here! How are you guys? were in the computer lab all writing to our parents! everything here is in spanish and its nuts! some of the stuff i learned is coming back to me but its gonna be hard and im ready to learn and lose myself in the work. There were TONS of hermanos and hermanas on the plane yesterday. It was awesome to see everyone and it was a day full of laughter and smiles. The elders are awesome, the CCM is very nice and already a blast! I am so excited and happy to be here and I know I am supposed to be here. My companion is Elder D., he's from Provo and is half peruvian! so thats awesome! But its him, Elder J., and me. Elder J. is from oregon. me and Elder D. are loving it lots! I also have been talking to Elder H. from bountiful lots too. He's become a good friend and we've connected well! Well i gotta go! I miss and love you guys! I love peru already and I love everyone here and the gospel! Ive never read so much and prayed so diligently in the last day! Stay strong and ill be home before you know it! ¡Hasta luego!

We think what Jake meant is that he, Elder D. and Elder J. are the three Elders assigned to the Huancayo mission. We're not sure. We sent him a list of questions. The word is that P-Day is on Wednesday so there's a good chance we won't hear from him until next Wednesday morning. Dang, that's a long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment