Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm a Lightning Rod!


Hey Dad ....Happy Fathers Day! Thank you for all that you have done for me.  I love you lots and I'm so grateful for the example you have set for me as a father.  I know that I will use it to teach my kids and to raise my family one day.

Things are good here in Mantaro.  Except that we haven't had water in like 4 days.  Our landlord has yet to fix the water problem and still hasn't finished our room.  We're going to talk to him today to see what's up! We are paying him good money for things that aren't working so well.  We have found another room for the same price. It's a lot nicer, it's on the 4th floor and it has a huge patio that we can go out on that over looks the city. So hopefully we can make that move. The only problem is the lady renting the new place doesn't have a bank account and that's required so she can be paid for our room. That's how it is here...some people don't have basic things like a bank account.

This last week consisted of a lot of failed appointments and looking for a new place.  We were able to contact some people.  We are really looking forward to next week because we have some good people to visit.  Pray that they are there when we show up.  Monday for P-day we played capture the flag in a really cool forest. Huancayo has random forests that are really pretty! Every appointment that we had set for Monday failed us.:( The Zenteno family was out of town. But we were able to catch the dad, Samuel, on Saturday and visit with him. He is awesome.  He was telling us how he is looking to strengthen his family and to be able to raise his children in a good home. So that was perfect.....we gave him the proclamation on the Family! Tuesday was district meeting.  Then we did divisions with Elder Carrasco who's from Chile.  He's one of my favorite kids! He is so funny.....we had a good time teaching.  He really knows the lessons well and how to ask good questions.  I enjoyed doing splits with him a lot. Divisions sometimes kill the week so we weren't able to visit a lot of people.  But Wednesday we visited the Diaz Family.  The office Elders are suppose to be visiting them but haven't had the time for 3 weeks.  So we decided to pick this family up. The Zone Leaders told us it was ok. They have a date to get married July 30th.  We had to help them understand that Jehovah is Jesus Christ.  That is a common problem here and it isn't made any easier by the Jehovah's Witnesses.  One of the highlights of the week was visiting an old man named Urbano.  He is a less-active and we try to visit him weekly.  When Urbano offered the prayer he said, "Lord you know I can't go to church because the Taxi's charge me 4 soles and they rip me off."  My favorite excuse so far....I was trying not to laugh!

So President Henderson spoke in Stake Conf. this past Sunday and he had all of the missionaries stand up and he had me raise my hand and and he said that I'm so tall that my companions love me because I am like a lightning rod! It was really funny! Actually, I am the second tallest Elder in the mission, but the tallest Elder goes home in a month. I will miss President Henderson when he's gone. President Silva will be here on the 29th so that will be great. 

I have been reading in Ether and there is a part where it says that Moroni couldn't write more because the Lord didn't want him to.  I now understand why.......the Lord want's to test us and doesn't want us to have a perfect knowledge or we would not be testing our faith. Then connect that back to Alma 32 which talks about faith.  The teachings in the BOM are unreal.  I love it so much! 

Reflection of the week:  I was thinking back to the lessons when we teach Jose.  I've realized the more and more you ask questions the more likely the spirit will be present.  Having the person share what they are feeling is how you touch their heart with the spirit and get them to recognize that they are feeling the spirit.  Jose is more committed to push himself.  I know that through the spirit we can change.  I love feeling the Spirit!  I love and miss you all.  #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss
Bird egg...we think. That or it just hailed easter eggs.
Elder Carrasco


Huancayo Sunset

Jose's Dog


No comments:

Post a Comment