Monday, June 6, 2016

Learning Diligence

Happy 17th Birthday Nick.....miss and love you!  Time is flying here in Mantaro. The work is getting better little by little.  Monday we tried to play capture the flag in a huge forest. We made weapons out of cardboard and it was fun for about 20 minutes.  Then security came over and told us that we had to leave.  Later we had FHE with the Bishop.  You could really feel the spirit in the lesson.  I enjoyed it so much especially since I didn't have to teach. Tuesday I gave a training on diligence and I shared a scripture 1 Nephi 10:19 "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round." I have a great testimony of diligence after some tough weeks of working hard and little hope.  My mission has taught me that through diligence things can happen.  I can see that Mantaro is slowly showing hope. Elder Gonzales headed to Lima to take care of his visa.  I hung with Elder Daza and Elder Bautista for 3 days.  We went to a hospital...that was so sad.  I felt so bad for the people.  Peru is a tough place. I bought a trompo....coolest thing! It's like a yo-yo but it leaves your hand and spins on the ground and you can throw it and make it fly.  Sergio, my pensions son, it teaching me the tricks.  Thursday Gonzales returned and we got to work. We contacted a guy named, Jesus. He's a mechanic and he was outside taking a smoke break.  I felt like I should approach him.  We did and he was surprised. I told him that Jesus Christ loves him and that he's important to him and his face lit up.  We're going to go back on Monday. I hope he wants to learn the lessons.  Sunday they had elections again so that meant no church and no one was home.  We did splits. Elder Daza and I taught the Anyaipoma Family.  They're a less-active family who have experienced many trials and are ready to come back.  They are awesome and we talk to them in English because they've lived in the states.

I have noticed that small things do count.  I want to leave an area knowing I did my best. And hopefully the Elders that are still there can progress on what I want I have done.  I heard that La Oroya has a lot of success now....it's unreal....they're booming over there apparently. I'm glad to have been apart of that.  President sent me an email telling me how proud he was of me and how good of a missionary I am.  I'm going to miss him lots when he leaves at the end of the month. 


Reflection of the week:  I was thinking a lot about the Plan of Salvation. We taught the Anyaipoma family about this wonderful plan that our Heavenly Father has for us.  The spirit was really strong and it helped them understand what we were teaching.  After explaining to Carol, who's 29,  she asked, "If we are already baptized and we repent then what?" The question is easy but so logical and so powerful. Then what? As we know, through the sacrament, the Lord has given us ways to change and feel better. I testified and the spirit was there and they are excited to come to church this Sunday.  The mission is amazing! It's almost been a year and I want more time! I love you all! #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss





Trombo - Spinning Top



No comments:

Post a Comment