Monday, June 13, 2016

Teaching Some Great Families!

Hey Family! How are you all? I feel really good about this week..... we had 18 lessons! Mantaro is improving a lot! We are finding investigators and less actives to teach and it's growing. I feel like finally we have gotten to a point where we don't have enough time to fit everything in and that's such an amazing feeling.  

Monday for P-day we took a train and went to Izcuchaca it was so sweet! It really made me miss Huancavelica! Nothing in the mission so far compares to HVCA.  Afterwards we played basketball and volleyball when we returned.  I'm still pretty good at basketball...ha ha! On Monday we also visited the Senteno Family.  Their intentions to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet are real! They're determined to know if the BOM is true and if the church is true. Tonight we are going to show them the Restoration so that will be cool.  For District meeting on Tuesday I gave a lesson on Diligence. We visited the Villanera family that I found 2 months ago.  We were able to teach the mom. They have 3 kids....Christian, Steven and their baby. Christian and Steven love us!  We taught the family lesson 1 and they still seem very interested. Wednesday we had five lessons.  We visited an old investigator named Manuel. I really like him.  He's 23 and has a kid and is excited to start coming back to church.  We also have been visiting Jorge. He's 78 and less-active and is one of my favorite people.  He's always telling us some really crazy stories.....so entertaining. Thursday we met some pretty hardcore in-actives....Miguel and Carmen. They went in-active because a member sold them a bad copy machine that broke. They tried suing them. I was trying not to laugh! They kept telling us how their lives have gotten better since they stopped going to church.  They said money and work are better.  It was sad because I felt that Carmen was very prideful. They kept telling us how they were mad that the ward wasn't helping out kids who needed help and I asked her, "Well then why haven't you done anything to help?" Then she rambled how she doesn't like this member and his family.  So sad that people let worldly things get in front of their own salvation.  Like it says in Matthew 6:33. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." On a good note, Saturday we went to visit Diego and he finally is going to come to church.  We taught him a lesson and the spirit was so strong.  We also visited the Villanera family again and they are still so interested in making sure their family is happy and they love what the church teaches.  The parents and kids are excited to come to church. They are planning on coming next week. Earlier this week we had a large multi-zone conference with President Henderson. This was his big send off. He will be leaving in a couple of weeks and I don't think I will see him again. I will miss him! President Silva will begin on July 1st. He's from Peru and it will be great to get to know him. 

Reflection of the week:  I decided to really concentrate and listen to the spirit more this last week.  I made sure to ask questions that invited the spirit to be there.  I really tried to listen more carefully to what needed to be taught.  I really think by doing this it made the week and finding people a lot easier.  We decided for some reason to knock on a door and found a less-active who wants her husband to join the church.  So we were able to teach them.  I don't know why we knocked on it, but we did.  The spirit is the KEY to this work! I love you all!  #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss 





Elder Moss, John Cruff and Elder Gonzales



No comments:

Post a Comment