Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Kory Got Baptized!

Hey family! It's Sunday night and since last Tuesday I've known where I was going to be transferred to but that didn't keep us from working really hard this last week.  I have great news! After 2 years of investigating the church, Kory got baptized!  Wednesday we had a lesson with her and Elder Daza and I were teaching her and out of know where she told us she wanted to move her baptism up to this last Saturday.  She has no doubts and she passed her interview.  I know that this was a blessing from Heavenly Father to be able to see her get baptized before I was transferred from Mantaro.  

I've learned a lot here in Mantaro and it will be one of my favorite areas.  I've truly enjoyed being here and being apart of the missionary work. Elder Gonzales is awesome and I will miss him so much.  He has become one of my best buds and I have truly enjoyed working with him over the last 4 months. I'm leaving behind a ton of people we've been teaching and I pray that they'll come to accept the gospel and be baptized. I feel so blessed to have been in Mantaro and see the real results of diligently contacting and knocking doors. 

So I'm going to Cerro de Pasco!  It's located at the top of the Andean Mountains and there are about 80,000 people there.  It's an active mining center with an open pit mine just like the Bingham Copper mine. It is literally on the top of the Andes at 14,210 ft. They mine zinc, copper, lead and silver. A pretty desolate place with all of the mine tailings and contaminated water, etc. Apparently, My new comp is Elder Morales from Argentina.  My new area is called Yanacancha.  It's very cold here....the average high is 54 degrees and the low average is 29.  I'll be serving in the highest Stake in the world. Honestly, so excited to go there and get to work.   Since the beginning of my mission I've wanted to serve there.  I've heard the food is terrible but oh well I'm use to that.  I'm really excited that I'll be living with 3 other missionaries.....my comp, Elder Matthews and Elder Hernandez. I have my sleeping bag all cleaned and ready to go...there's no indoor heating at all in the homes in Cerro de Pasco.

Reflection of the week:  This week I have been reflecting on the work I have been apart of here in Mantaro.  This has been one of the toughest areas that I have served in.  I know that the Lord works through us in many ways as missionaries.  Whether it be helping members or helping us gain our own testimony.  I know the Lord wanted me here in Mantaro and I'm so happy that I had the opportunity to serve here.  I may not leave my mission with a lot of baptisms but I will leave with a true conversion to this gospel. I love it and it picks me up everyday and makes me truly happy.  I know that God lives and our Savior is Jesus Christ.  I know that Joseph Smith restored our Saviors church.  I love it with all my heart and I continue to change for the better everyday. Wish me luck in Pasco! I love you all !  #doitforjesus.

Love,

Elder Moss

Elder Gonzales, Kory and Elder Moss - Mantaro

Elder Gonzales, Elder Moss, Elder Daza, Elder Gonzalez - Mantaro



Cerra De Pasco - Mining Crater




No comments:

Post a Comment