Monday, August 8, 2016

This Has Changed My Life

Family.....What's up? Well I stayed in Mantaro.....I thought I was going to go this last transfer because usually after you train someone it's a ticket out of your area.  I guess I was wrong on that one.  I've been with Elder Gonzales now for 3 changes.....I guess I still need to teach him something or I need to learn something from him...HAHA!  Not a lot happened this week.  We did start playing basketball in the mornings at 6 AM.  We play with Elder Bolanos, an American, and his companion.  The other day we were playing with two Peruvian kids who really knew how to play....it was great!  I had to pull out some old moves......definitely not as great as I was before my mission.  Not having any strength and stamina is the worst feeling.  Missions do affect your fitness but strengthen your spirit!

This last week we had a chance to find 4 new investigators.  We had 7 investigators show up to church.  We also went and visited Wilder and Yohana.  We taught them from 1 Nephi 3.  We applied it to teaching them the importance of getting married and going to church. They do have a baptism set and are looking for ward to it. They were suppose to attend church on Sunday but they failed us. Please pray for them....they are such wonderful people!

I feel like having a ton of lessons doesn't mean anything.  What's important is the quality of the lesson and if the investigator is truly progressing.....that's what counts.  I've been concentrating on the Spirit and making sure the Spirit is there in our teaching. We don't have a ton of lessons but we have quality lessons each week. Nick remember that when you serve a mission! 

Saturday we visited the Villanera family.  They were showing us all the church music and videos they have downloaded.  They are fully invested.  One of the problems, besides the fact that they need to get married, is that Heli travels to Lima every Saturday and Sunday now to study for 3 months.  He says he'll attend the church there and his family will come to our ward in Mantaro.   After watching a video with them and discussing how Heavenly Father makes it possible for families to be together forever.  For some reason I had this feeling that I know that one day they will be sealed in the temple someday.  Just by knocking on their door, I have changed their lives and the Holy Ghost confirmed that to me while we were there.  It was just a moment where I wanted to cry. I cherish the Book of Mormon more than anything and my testimony. I enjoy this gospel so much. I just want to grow more in the gospel with my family...its the greatest thing in the world! 

I love my friends but I've realized that my family matters the most. I know that we will be together as a family forever. Being out here has made me miss you guys and value you more and more. I know that this has been the best 13 months so far in my life...I won't ever forget the Spirit talking to me and teaching me these things. I see the Book of Mormon change lives and it's unreal to see it all. It's the greatest experience out here. 

Reflection of the week:  These last couple days have been filled with a lot of thought and confirmation that everything I'm doing is true.  The Holy Ghost is the one who confirms this. I'm so grateful to be out here changing lives.  By small things the Lord creates even bigger things.  I have a growing testimony that this is the true gospel.  That where I am and what I'm doing is changing lives, most importantly changing mine, I love you all! Thank you for all your love and support!  #doitforjesus

Love

Elder Moss




Elder Moss with Susy (his pension) and her family.







No comments:

Post a Comment