Monday, November 21, 2016

Ana Got Baptized!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I'm so grateful for everyone's love and support while I've been on my mission.  Family is truly the best! We had another great week without rain....thank goodness! Everyone here is so surprised with the weather because usually it's raining and snowing this time of year. I like it because with the snow Cerro de Pasco just looks really sad. 

Anyways, this week was great! I got to baptize Ana on Wednesday.  We arrived a little early to the church so we could set up for her baptism and fill the font. Luckily they do have a heater for the font, but the water still looks green. We had a wonderful turn out and support from the members.  We had members give talks and then after Ana was baptized she shared her testimony with everyone. You could really see that the gospel has truly changed her.  She said she felt like a new person.  She was so happy!  We went and visited her on Friday and was so excited to be confirmed on Sunday.  She is planning to visit the temple in Lima on December 10th and take some family names with her so that the work can be done for her ancestors.  Ana's heart is truly converted....she already wants a calling in the ward. She's one of the most committed converts I've seen here in my mission.  She loves to read the BOM and the account of Joseph Smith. These truths are what really changed her heart. I know that Ana was prepared by the Lord. I can see that the Spirit worked through us to prepare her and have her ready to enter the waters of baptism.  I'm excited to stay in touch with her and see the joy and happiness that the gospel of Jesus Christ will bring to her life. The next thing we need to do is getting her daughter baptized that lives in Utah!

Reflection of the week:  Every week that goes by on my mission I have noticed that I find someway to have experiences that draw me closer to the spirit.  I feel as if every week my testimony grows in the BOM and my desire to tell people about the gospel.  As my testimony grows, I realize I need to share this happiness with others.  The BOM and prayer have been such a big part of this growth. My love for our Heavenly Father grows every week. I know that being here has made my testimony grow and I have learned to love the scriptures, obey, pray, repent and all of that. I feel as if every week my spiritual level changes. As I look back I see the lives I've touched with the help of God. But most of all I see how I have changed. I love the Savior and the ability we have to change and become new people in the gospel. That's the big thing the mission has taught me. I love you all! Enjoy the turkey and think of me as I will be enjoying chicken! #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss


Elder Moss and Ana - Yanacancha Ward

Elder Moss, Ana & Elder Morales - Yanacancha Ward

Ana's Baptism




No comments:

Post a Comment