Monday, November 7, 2016

Steady Progress With Our Investigators


I love the Book of Mormon! The more I read and study it, the more I realize how much our Heavenly Father loves us. I love being a missionary and sharing the scriptures with people and sharing the happiness that we all have. We were able to get inside of a house yesterday and we taught this family about the Plan of Salvation and how families can be together. As I was testifying to this family, the spirit confirmed to me of the truthfulness of this. I know that I will live with my family forever and that's so cool. 

So we always play basketball on P-days and also early in the mornings during the week. We've been inviting people to come play with us and now we're going to start teaching them about the gospel. Every Monday the Atencio family has us over at 8PM for family home evening. Such great members and are always so generous to the Elders. We also had a great lesson with Ana.  She moved her baptismal date up to November 16th. She told me that she wants me to baptize her....I'm so excited! I've personally been so blessed to teach her.  She told us that she really wants to be more humble, patient, and charitable. Perfect....so I turned to Moroni 7 and we started reading. I was teaching her that the key to changing ourselves is to really having that true desire and asking our Heavenly Father with all of our heart. I remembered that chapter in Moroni because I was going on splits in Huancayo with Elder Camacho and we were teaching some investigators and I remember it being so powerful. I asked Ana if we had helped her get an answer to her question and she said, "Without a doubt." Ana is going to be one of my best converts.  Church starts at 8:00am and she arrives at 7:45am every Sunday.

Rocio is doing good. She's in Cusco right now so we will go visit her later this week. Miguel is good! He's working with the Bishop right now so he can receive the Aaronic priesthood.  


This last week they had a VW Bug car race on the main street in our area.  That was really fun to watch. Saturday we had a day full of lessons and Sunday we found a new family to teach! It didn't rain at all this week.....which was really nice. Things are going well in Cerro de Pasco. Grandpa Moss will be happy to know that our street we live on is Micaela Bistadas 310...by the mine. I'm sending pictures of it.  It's the green building.

Reflection of the week:  Fear is something that can hold you back especially as a missionary. When you meet people for the first time, or you feel like you need to go up and talk to someone....I've learned you just have to open your mouth. You will either teach them or never see them again. This week Elder Morales and I had some good contacts and found 4 new investigators.  My mission has given me the confidence to not be afraid to talk to people. I'm so grateful for all the lessons I have learned on my mission. I love you all! :) #doitorjesus


Love,

Elder Moss 


VW Bug Race in Cerro de Pasco



Yanacancha Ward - Cerro de Pasco



This is where Jake lives in Cerro de Pasco









No comments:

Post a Comment