Monday, November 14, 2016

"Hasta la vista visa"

Hey family...how are you? We had a really great week and to top it off the weather was finally nice. It hasn't rained for several days and it's not feeling as cold. I've been able to just wear a sweater all week....which has been really nice. We found 6 new investigators this week and I feel really motivated to work hard and make the lessons the best I can. 

I love reading the book of Mosiah. I use it a lot when teaching investigators.  One of my favorite scriptures to share with the people is Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

Monday we played basketball at the recreation center.  We had enough kids to play 5 on 5 so that was awesome.  Basketball has really helped have the opportunity to teach. We are teaching a kid named Axel that we met playing basketball. 

Tuesday we taught Axel about the Restoration and he loved it! He told us he's been looking for a true church because the Catholic church doesn't make any sense and neither do the rest of the churches. He accepted the BOM and said he's excited to read it. So please pray for him. 

Wednesday I had divisions with Elder Mathews. He interviewed Ana for her baptism and she passed! She's set to get baptized this Wednesday! We finally saw Rocio who had some really great news! Her parents are fine with her getting baptized. Her baptismal date is December 3rd. She's doing great and keeps coming to church and reading the BOM.

Thursday we had a zone conference and the assistants came.  I spent some time visiting with Elder Mendoza.  I was able to say goodbye to him because he's heading home December 5th. He truly was a great friend to me and he taught me so much. He had a huge impact on my mission! 

Sunday we only had about 60 members show up to church. One of the challenges is that church starts at 8:00 in the morning. We had to give talks last minute.  I talked about the BOM and the importance of it. We also had to bless the sacrament.  I feel like the Yanacancha ward is needing some help right now. We are trying our best to figure out what we can do. Sunday night we taught the Gomez family with a Elvis who's a member.  The mom is an inactive member.  I could tell that the lesson on the restoration really touched her. She really wants her family to be in the gospel.  We've actually had a lot of support from the ward with missionary work....we just need to get them to come to church.

Reflection of the week:  Missionaries have such a huge impact on the people they teach and come in contact with.  We have been teaching a less-active named Juliana.  She is 25 and is studying law. She's always thanking us for leaving our homes and families to come here to serve.  There are a lot of people like her that thank God for our service as Elders. It's so true the impact we can have on people's lives. I love seeing how the gospel has changed and transformed my investigators. It strengthens my testimony of missionary work. I am truly starting to see the fruits of my labor I love it out here even though it has been truly tough at times. But I know all of the hard experiences will payoff.  #doitforjesus.

Love,

Elder Moss

"Hasta la vista, visa" - Nailed it!


Cerro de Pasco - November 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment