Monday, November 28, 2016

Pray For Rocio

What's up Family? I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.  I forgot it was Thanksgiving on Thursday until my pension mentioned it to me around 8 PM. Things are great here in Pasco! Because there hasn't been much rain in the last couple weeks the cost of potatoes has gone up and people are starting to freak out about it.We had a decent week. We've been contacting a lot and this upcoming week will be even better because we have some new investigators to teach.  

We've been teaching a lady named Julie, who's 24 years old. She's really cool and is studying to become a lawyer. Julie was baptized about 3 years ago but has become in-active. She is starting to come back to church.  So we have taken the opportunity to teach her some lessons.  She also has been reading the BOM quite a bit.  We've had some really good discussions about the importance of the gospel.  I can see the spirit is working on her and she's starting to change.  She's a big rock fan and her clothes can be quite interesting. She also has a nose piercing.  So on Wednesday when we were visiting with her she wanted to talk about her nose piercing. We explained to her that the prophets have told us that our bodies our sacred and that we should avoid those kinds of things. She told us that she had truly felt the spirit these last couple of days and she just knew that she had to talk to us about it.  After we had that discussion she took out her nose piercing.  That was so cool to see.....the spirit is working on her. Just in the short amount of time that we've been teaching her she has changed a lot.  She wants to come to church, she loves reading the BOM and she's listening to the Spirit. When we left I had the greatest feeling inside knowing that we're helping a daughter of God.  I'm witnessing how the gospel changes lives little by little just as it says in Alma 37:6-7 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. And the Lord God doth work by means to bring purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls." 

We did get to visit Rocio this last week.  It was a little bit of a let down.  She really wants to get baptized but her parents aren't in agreement.Rocio doesn't need permission because she's 19 but she's very worried about her parents and family and what they think. We shared everything and have really tried to encourage her to be brave with getting baptized. We explained that the Lord wants her to do this now and that she is ready.  She still has a date set for December 3rd....so I guess we'll see what happens.  Please everyone pray for her. She truly wants to get baptized.....she was crying when she was talking to us.  Please pray that she'll be courageous.

Reflection of the week:  This week I was able to read more of the BOM and wow my testimony grows and deepens every week because of this book.  As I read it and see others read it, my relationship with my Savior and my desire to change increases daily. This book does wonders and I love reading it.  I'm now on my 2nd time reading it in Spanish and I continue to discover so many great things.  One of the things my mission has blessed me with is a strong testimony of the BOM and I'm so grateful for that! I love you all! #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss



Elder Moss - Cerro de Pasco 

Cerro de Pasco







No comments:

Post a Comment