Monday, January 2, 2017

I Come Home This Year!

Happy New Year.....I cant' believe it's 2017! Happy Birthday Sarah! I can't believe you are 10! I remember baptizing you 2 years ago! That was such a great experience for me. I love you lots Sarah:). 

This last week was a tough week.  Elder Burt and I have been killing ourselves to meet the contact goal each day and sometimes exceeding the goal.  Talking to everyone had just become an automatic thing we do now.  Even though we have talked to a lot of people, we haven't found any new investigators to teach lessons to.......that has been disappointing and frustrating. But I know the Lord is testing us and I know that all the hard work will pay off one day.  It's a great feeling getting back to our room each night knowing that we gave it our all. We painted our room this last week and moved things around....big improvement!


We had a cool experience on Sunday.  After a tough day on Saturday we were able to have something good happen! We had 2 visitors from Lima come to our ward.  You could tell they weren't members but looked really interested.  So we talked to them, their names are Alvaro and Celeste.  They asked us for more info on the church and BOM's. They really soaked it all up and were really excited to learn about the church. They will be here for four more days so we will try and teach them.  They are determined to go back to Lima and attend the LDS church there. They had been invited by a member on the street to come to church.  I thought that was a cool experience to talk to them.  As missionaries we always have the opportunities to plant new seeds that hopefully will grown one day.  The Lord is using us as instruments in so many different ways.  My testimony has been strengthened through these experiences. BTW......Dari is going to be getting baptized this Saturday!


This last week we were able to have interviews with President Silva.  I honestly have to say that he has impacted my spiritual growth so much.  I owe him for that and I truly love him. 


Since coming here to Huanuco.......I have truly enjoyed being able to proclaim the gospel to as many children of God as we can.  I have grown closer to my Heavenly Father and I feel his strength and blessings as I have new spiritual experiences or small miracles happen everyday. I love you all!


Reflection of the week:  I've been thinking a lot about the pioneers and how much they sacrificed for us and most of all Joseph Smith. He is such a great example for me and all he gave. I just come to tears thinking of him and my testimony I have of him.  I can't explain it but I truly know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I love it out here so much. I love to kneel down and pray and thank my Father in Heaven for all that he has given me and I love this gospel. I feel as if God truly does listen to me every night and morning that I kneel down. It has been the hardest time of my life, but the most gratifying time of my life. #doitforjesus.


Love,


Elder Moss




Huanuco Apartment




No comments:

Post a Comment