Monday, January 16, 2017

Transfers & Miracles

What's up family?! Well, we had a miraculous week which was full of the Spirit! First of all, on Monday we went by bus to the mission office for leadership council with President Silva. It is about a 6 hour process to get there. We started by taking a decent-looking bus from Huanuco to Cerro de Pasco for the first three hours and the bus was packed with people and it stopped a ton to let people on/off. So that was fun! Then, in Cerro, we headed to Huancayo on a better bus but it took forever to finally get there. We had a great training with President about contacting with the Spirit and really trying to get to know the person before we present our message about the gospel. We've been doing what president has asked us to do and being more loving to people and getting to know the person when we are contacting and it has worked out well. So that was great! In other news, apparently an Apostle is coming to visit the mission at the end of this month but we don't know who it is so we'll have to wait and see. Also, we've heard that there are some changes to the morning schedule coming soon and that we will have a less-structured morning routine so we can decide for ourselves how much study, planning and other things need to be done. One fun thing that president did at the meeting is he gave us all laminated cards with exercises on them...president is worried because missionaries are getting fat, having injuries, etc so we've been doing these exercises and running every day.  

So we returned to Huanuco on Tuesday night and that's when the miracles started to happen. The work has been great! Just golden after golden after golden! It honestly has been a miracle and I am so excited to see some great people be baptized soon. Let me explain...Wednesday we decided to contact on a small street and so we started knocking doors and well no one wanted to listen. So as we were coming to the last house I saw a house on another street and it caught my attention for some reason...I don't know what it was and I said to Elder Burt, "Elder Burt, that is the house!". I pointed at it knowing that was the house we needed to knock. So we knocked on the door and met a guy named Eduardo. We got to know him a bit more and he invited us into his house. He told us how he is looking for a church that is closest to the one Christ had established. We testified of Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel in the latter-days and we made an appointment to return and teach him more. Eduardo is 29 years-old and has to be the coolest guy. He absorbed all of lesson one and he said he understood and is coming to church this coming Sunday! And that is just the beginning! We found a girl named Ney and she is 23 years-old and a lawyer. We went searching for Enrique and we found Ney and had an awesome lesson with her. She is very interested in the church and says if she receives an answer to her prayers she will get baptized. And yesterday she came to church and brought a friend! Then Friday, Bryan (who is the returned missionary and son of our pension) had us teach his friend Neyra. She is 22 and is going to Honduras to study in June. She is a person very prepared and excited to hear the gospel. We've had two visits with her and she's soaked up all of the good news of the gospel. She read all of the lesson one pamphlet and came to church as well. The Lord has honored his promise through our mission president that if we contact people and talk to as many as we can, he will bring us people to teach. Miracles beyond miracles this week! I know that the Lord guided us by his Holy Spirit. I know that we have followed his impressions and for that the Lord's work will advance. 

Reflection of the week: I have such a firm testimony that if we do what the Lord asks he will bless us and will guide us with his Spirit. The testimony I have gained out here will never break. I love what has happened to me out here on the mission and I just want to push myself hard these last few months. This change has been one to remember and one full of the Spirit for me. I love this work and I don't want to leave it. I just realized yesterday that I don't want to go home because I love it out here and all that I am experiencing has been such a blessing for me. I can't wait to send Nick off when I get home, it will be great to see him go!  I am so grateful for Elder Burt...he's leaving today for Huancayo and I am sad he is leaving. I learned so much from him and he is a great guy. But Elder Guerrero, who is from Lima, is coming to be with me as my new companion and I am sure it will be an awesome change and we will do great work with those we have found. I love you all and this gospel! #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss

Training - Huancayo, January 2017

Training - Huancayo, January 2017

Training - Huancayo, January 2017

Jake's Missionary Apartment (middle wooden door) - Huanuco, January 2017

Elder Burt, Elder Moss & a Creepy Clown in Huanuco





No comments:

Post a Comment