Monday, January 23, 2017

The Work in Huanuco Rolls Forward!

What's up family? So this last week was great! We have had some awesome lessons and Neyra and Eduardo are progressing very well. We were able to visit Neyra three times this last week and we've almost completed all of the lessons.  She is progressing very fast and teaching her has been such a wonderful experience. The spirit has been so strong in the lessons.  I know that she has been feeling it. Bryan (our pension's son and also her friend) was with us while we taught her lesson three. Bryan shared his testimony at the end.  Elder Guerrero and I also bore our testimonies of why we know this church is true.  She has accepted a date to be baptized in March and she's so excited! She is awesome and literally writes everything down and studies everything we give her.  Neyra is so prepared and I know that through our hard work the Lord has blessed us with teaching her.

Elder Guerrero and I have truly enjoyed our first week together. He is from Lima and is 22 years old. He is a convert of 3 years. He is the only one in his family that is a member. We have kept up with contacting people and the work is moving forward.  

I'm really enjoying my time Huanuco! The weather has been pretty good and hasn't rained much. We have a great pension. She cooks American food all the time and healthy stuff too. It's great to have things like lasagne, pizza and food we're used to having at home. 

I will really miss Elder Burt...he's truly a great missionary and someone who taught me to use every available minute to do missionary work. He was always trying to search for the Spirit in everything we did. I love that guy and can't wait to see him again when we go home together. 

Reflection of the week:  This week I was studying in Alma 14 and had the chance to read about Alma & Amulek. I was giving a talk in sacrament and was able to share this story. As I was sharing the events of this story I felt the spirit so strong when I was telling about how people had died for believing in Christ and that Alma and Amulek witnessed it all. Also how much they personally had to suffer. I just know how true the BOM is when I read and share the stories of the missionaries who gave it their all.  I know as a missionary that we can give it our all. I know that if we put aside our problems and desires then we can experience miracles as missionaries.  I love this work. I feel as if I grow every week and feel the spirit more and more. I love you all! #doitforjesus

BTW...I just learned this week how to knit a tie. Also I'm learning to play the Quena.  It's a kind of like a flute that is so cool!

Love,

Elder Moss

Saying goodbye to Elder Burt - Huanuco 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment