Monday, February 6, 2017

We're Heading to Huancayo

Today we are headed off to Huancayo for training. We are traveling in a mini van this time because it's a lot faster and less money. That will be a fun little road trip with all the Elders! I'm sad to be missing basketball today. It's been a blast playing with Bryan and his brother Kevin.....they actually play b-ball well. I love our pension's family. Lily is the mother and she's married to Carlos and they have 3 kids....Bryan, Kevin and Karla. Bryan served a mission in Brazil. He's trying to figure out a way to be able to study at BYU or SLCC. So I've been trying to help with this. We are so blessed to be a part of their family. They are such a humble family, who I have grown to love a ton! I will always remember them.

So we have implemented the 4 key indicators that we learned about last week from the worldwide mission broadcast. It's actually been really great not to have to worry so much about how many lessons we have taught during the week. We have been able to turn our focus on finding new investigators and the most important goal...baptism. 

We had the chance to teach Angelo this week. I was so happy that he made it to church again. He's a hippy older guy...really cool. He's doing good but I think that fear is holding him back from taking the next step. Please pray for him! We found a new investigator, his name is Christian. He was a reference from a member. He has a wife and one child. He's young and recently lost his job because of problems with alcohol. As we were talking with him he broke down and told us that he is willing to change his life and feels like this is the right place. He told us that he thought he would never set foot into a church. While I was talking with him, I felt the spirit so strong as I was listening to this man. It was the spirit testifying to me of how strong and real the atonement is. Sometimes people don't understand that they can be released from their torment here on this earth through the atonement. I felt this huge wave of love for him. He's motivated to make his life better. I truly felt the Savior's love for him as we were able to share with him the healing power of the Atonement. We have another visit with him on Thursday. He's also planning on playing soccer with the Elder's quorum this Wednesday.


Reflection of the week: This week I was able to see and feel how much my love for these people has grown. Sometimes it's overwhelming. As I sat and listened to Christian I mourned and prayed for him. It has been a goal of mine to love these people more. In the beginning it was hard, but with time it has increased and I feel as if I can share the Lord's love with them more now. As it says in D&C 4:2 "Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all our HEART, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." This work will never advance without love. Love is what motivates me to open my mouth and teach these people. My love for my Heavenly Father and these people makes me be better and constantly repentant. I love you all! #doitforjesus

BTW...Eduardo is in Ecuador and Neyra is in Lima still....can't wait for them to return!


Eating Suri...a grub that lives in coconut trees in the Amazon jungle. A delicacy in Peru!


Conference in Huanuco - January 2017

Huanuco Zones - January 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment