Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Stuck on The Road for 12 Hours!

Edit: Jake and his companion traveled all day Monday to Huancayo to the mission office for training. They left early in the morning on Monday and due to a rock slide (which covered the road with large boulders) it took them 12 hours to get to Huancayo. So we didn't hear from him until today when they returned.

Hey Family! Yay it's March! I swear I just left Pasco yesterday...time is flying. We had a good week. We've been teaching a good amount of lessons everyday but not a lot of great results. Christian is progressing really well and is still planning on getting married this month on the 25th. A lot of our investigators are either not coming to church and not really progressing. We don't have many people to teach at this time....so that has really been bothering me a lot. We are diligently searching to find new investigators. I know if we don't give up that the Lord will bless us with people to teach.

So I had a cool experience this week! Elder G and I were walking up one of the main roads, Tarapara, to an appointment. I heard some kid yelling so I crossed the street to go talk to him. I started talking to him and it turns out he was yelling at his buddy who lived across the street. I decided to ask him a few questions. His name is Harol, he's 14 yrs old and is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, King of Kings, Lord of Lords. He actually invited us to come inside and we shared with him a lot of lesson 1 and a little on baptisms for the dead. He's a really smart kid and he said he would pray and read the pamphlet. We came back on Thursday and after we taught him a lesson he said he asked God to reveal to him through a member of his church if what we taught was true. He told us he asked a member from his church. We told him that they aren't going to know anything about the Plan of Salvation because only our church does. We also told him that the Lord reveals things through the spirit. We decide to drop him but hopefully we left him with a lot to think about. Even though it didn't turn out the way I would've hoped for I was glad I took the opportunity to talk to Harol.

President Silva drove us back from the mission office on Tuesday so we could have a multi-zone with him on Wednesday (today). I sat in the front seat and talked to him for like six hours which was really cool. It was me, my companion and two other Elders in President's Nissan SUV!

Reflection of the week: Prayer is such a vital part of this gospel. It truly reveals if the church is true, if Joseph Smith is a prophet, if the Book of Mormon is true and everything else! It we truly pray with faith and sincerity the Lord will reveal to us the answers we are looking for through the Spirit. Being a missionary has truly taught me how to pray for things I need help with and most importantly for others. I am so dependent on the Lord through my prayers. I'm so grateful to know that he's there listening. I love the people in Peru and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve them. I love you all! #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss



No comments:

Post a Comment