Monday, October 3, 2016

Another Great General Conference!

Hey Family....How are you all?  So crazy that it's October! This last weekend was so great watching General Conference.  I can't believe that this was my 3rd conference in Peru.  General Conference was so awesome....the messages really got to me and my heart. I was able to have questions answered.  I have truly learned to appreciate hearing from the Prophet and the Apostles.  I got to watch Conference in English with 6 other Elders. We were in a small room in the church and we were so lucky that the Bishop turned on the heat!  I want to finish out these last 9 months of my mission with doing my best.  And most importantly I really want to focus on my personal relationship with my Savior.

P-days are getting really limited on the things we can do.  It's challenging to find interesting activities when we are limited with the new rules.  We can't eat in restaurants now and our Zone P-days have to be approved by President Silva.  Last Monday we did play soccer and pool with the members. We did find a new room to move to and the plan is to move on Tuesday. I'm happy about that!

Tuesday we had a great lesson with Rocio, who has a baptismal date for October 15.  We did find out that she's feeling a bit scared because she wants her parents to accept her.  We assured her that she can pray for strength.  I shared with her a scripture that Aunt Carol had shared with me a few months back.  It is Matthew 19:29 ....And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.  Rocio is going to talk to her parents along with us.  She wants to invite them to come to church with her.  Please pray for her and her parents.

Wednesday we taught Ana a wonderful lesson.  Ana is 53 years old and is really prepared. After challenging her to obey the ward limits a few weeks ago, she has seen the blessings of obeying.  I promised her if she was obedient in following the ward limits that she'd be bless and she recognized that blessing.  She reads the BOM everyday.  She really wants to feel ready to make that commitment to be baptized.  I told her that she is ready but she needs to pray to receive her own manifestation. She showed up to watch General Conference...which was really cool!

Reflection of the week:  Two messages that really caught me were from Elder Meurs and President Eyring.  Elder Meurs talked about how we can make the sacrament be more meaningful in our lives. He talked about 5 things that he knows will help us.  My favorite one was paying attention to the hymns and lyrics.  He said as we do that we invite the spirit to be with us.  I was always one to not pay attention but after teaching about this most important ordinance it has made me cherish it more. President Eyring said, "The greatest blessing is the feeling of forgiveness we obtain from partaking of the sacrament."  I know that Christ died for us.  I see his atonement work in other people's lives and in mine.  I feel it as I write....I know this church is true.  I know it in my heart.  I love this gospel and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I feel his divine love when I need it most.  I testify that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration and the BOM is the true word of God.  I love you all and I'm so grateful for your prayers.  #doitforjesus

Love,

Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment